ONLINE ORDERING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Thermal Earth Ltd distributes equipment and accessories for renewable heating systems in the UK and Ireland.
By creating and using a trade account, you are confirming that you are a bona fide business with the necessary experience and training to safely install and commission the products you purchase.
Online Terms & Conditions -
The web site www.thermalearth.co.uk is owned and operated by Thermal Earth Ltd. These Terms and Conditions are in addition to our General Terms and Conditions which can be viewed by contacting the office.
Product information is offered in good faith, but should only be regarded as a guide. Confirm any details before making any purchasing or contractual arrangements. E&OE.
Neither Thermal Earth Ltd nor any of their associates or employees can accept any liability for errors or omissions on our web site, literature or other information given in good faith. We make every effort to provide accurate information, but errors and omissions are possible. Dimensions and other specifications given on this site are provided by the manufacturer and may be approximate. Specifications may change without notice. Please confirm any specific details before ordering.
All prices online exclude VAT at the prevailing rate. All goods and prices are subject to availability from our suppliers. We accept payment by BACS, cheque, credit and debit card or PayPal. Ownership of the goods remains with Thermal Earth Ltd until paid for in full, however risk of goods is the customers from delivery onwards.
Thermal Earth (www.thermalearth.co.uk) website normally includes any delivery costs within the online prices (please see here) for items such as appliances, this is clearly displayed where applicable. Delivery costs for smaller items are calculated on each order based on the size, weight and location dependant on order value.
- The appliance delivery in mainland UK can range between approximately £80.00 to £150.00 dependent upon the size and number of pallets. Certain Highland and Northern Ireland postcodes incur an extra charge.
- Some items are marked on our system where you wil not be able to confirm the order until delivery costs have been checked.
- Payments or orders to a trade account must be cleared before goods can be released from stock.
- Dispatch for delivery normally takes 3-4 days but can take up to two weeks depending on availability. It can take up to six weeks in some instances for special orders, if the lead time is longer than six weeks you will be informed by email of the estimated lead time for your goods.
- We do not deliver heat pumps or boilers outside the UK and Northern Ireland. You will be contacted before your order is processed to confirm eligibility.
- Your goods may be delivered on an articulated lorry. If you require a tail-lift please notify us. Please let us know upon order if there is a problem with access and we can make alternative delivery arrangements.
- Heat Pumps, boilers and heat stores are very bulky and heavy. There will be one driver who will help, but we suggest you have at least one other person with you to assist.
- The driver will move the goods to the nearest wheel point, depending on access. The driver will be unable to move the goods across gravelled or unfinished drives, through narrow openings, or up steps. If in doubt organise a weatherproof cover to protect your investment if unable to deliver into a building.
- We must advise that you check the goods while the driver is still there. The driver is obliged to wait with you up to 15 minutes (for palletised goods only), whilst you unpack the goods.
- If the driver refuses to wait then please mark the goods as damaged on the delivery note, so you are covered for all eventualities.
- If you have checked the goods and they are found to be damaged, please mark this clearly on the delivery note.
- If you sign the delivery note without indicating damage of goods you are accepting that they reached you in good condition. If you subsequently find damage that should have been detected upon inspection at time of delivery we cannot be held responsible for such.
- If goods are damaged please contact us, quoting your Order Reference and Delivery Note, and we will ensure replacement parts are sent out immediately. We may request photographic evidence of the damage and the return of the damaged goods.
- If you are unavailable when your palletised goods are delivered at your pre-booked time, then re-delivery charges will apply.
- If you are unavailable when package goods are delivered, the courier company will leave a note, explaining how to re-arrange delivery for a more convenient time.
- If you cancel an order after it has been dispatched, we regret that you will be charged for the return delivery costs, even if the products have not reached your address.
When an order is placed with us, if you have a trade account you can confirm the order using your online login directly againt your account. We will confirm the order with you via email. You will then receive an invoice and details of the products you have ordered. We ask all customers to double check that what they have ordered is correctly detailed on the invoice as once dispatched it is not possible for us to cancel your delivery.
It is your responsibility to choose a product which suits your needs. Once we have delivered your product, you are responsible for storage and installation. It is your responsibility to ensure that products are installed correctly and in compliance with current Building Regulations and any other relevant regulations. Contact the Building Control Officer of your Local Authority to find out how these regulations apply to you.
We strongly recommend that you do not book a date for installation until your goods have been delivered.
We ask you to help us where possible by taking responsibility for ordering the correct item, and clearly specifying any options you require.
It is the customer’s responsibility to ensure the installers are suitably qualified to fit the product. If you are unsure then please contact us.
Pictures & Images
All sizes and measurements are approximate. We do however try to ensure that all sizes, measurements and images on the web site and literature are as accurate as possible. All pictures on the web sites and literature are for illustrative purpose only, and may not exactly match the product itself. Colours may vary to those illustrated and can look different on individual computer screens. We never knowingly publish misleading or incorrect product descriptions or images.
Privacy & Security
All personal details that you give us are securely stored. We will never supply or sell any customers details to any outside organisation. We do not store any bank, credit or debit card details. All credit and debit card details are handled by Secure Trading payment service.
Costs Incurred by You
We are not liable for any costs incurred by you or any loss of earnings. For example if a delivery is delayed in any way and you have to rebook an installer then we are not liable for any extra charges that the installer may charge you. We always recommend that you do not book an installer until you are in receipt of the goods. We are also not liable for any loss of earnings as a result of you taking time off work to accept a delivery even if it is late or delayed.
Cancellations and Returns
Mail order, telephone and internet sales to individuals (not businesses) are covered by the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (UK Law Directive 97/7/EC), which protect you by providing a 7 working day cooling off period after the day after the product has been delivered. A customer has the option to cancel any order between the time of placing it and 7 working days after delivery. Cancellations must be in writing by post or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org (not to ANY other email address) and quoting the Order Number. Under the Distance Selling regulations you have the right to receive a refund within 30 days of cancellation. We normally pay refunds within 14 days of cancellation of the goods being returned safely (whichever is the later). You are advised to retain the packaging. You will find it difficult to return the item without appropriate packaging. The goods must not have been installed or used in any way. The goods must be unmarked and free from blemishes of any kind, and you must return them in an as new saleable condition. All spare parts are non-returnable and non-refundable due to being a special order. The cost of returning the item to us is your responsibility. If you want to cancel the order before accepting delivery then you must refuse the delivery at your address. The delivery driver will take the goods away and return them to us however the return delivery costs will be your responsibility.
Our Returns Policy
We strive to supply goods in excellent condition. Some of our products are both heavy and fragile and need careful handling until installed. We will repair or replace (for free) any item found defective or damaged before delivery or during unloading. This is in addition to your manufacturers guarantee. We cannot accept return of products which are damaged after delivery. If you wish to return part or all of your order please email email@example.com, ensuring you quote your order number and the date you received your goods. You must confirm that the goods are in the original packaging, unused in anyway and that we are able to inspect the goods before signing for them. Failure to do this will result in no return number or address being issued. Items returned to us must be sent by recorded delivery.
As with most websites, cookies are used in the following manner. A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the web site.
Links to other web sites
Our web site may contain links to enable you to visit other web sites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are compelled to do so by law.
Additional Terms and Conditions:
Visitors who use this website and rely on any information do so at their own risk.
If you are under 16, please get a parent’s or guardian’s permission before taking part in any on-line community. Never reveal any personal information about yourself or anyone else (for example, school, telephone number, your full name, home address or email address).
We are not responsible for the contents or reliability of any other websites to which we provide a link and do not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them.
All materials on this site are protected by copyright and intellectual property laws. Unless stated otherwise, you may access and download the materials located on this website only for personal, non-commercial use.
By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with us you agree to grant us, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way we want (including modifying or deleting it). In order that we can use your contribution, you confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any UK laws and that you have the right to give us permission to use it for the purposes specified above.
You must not use our website in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity. We accept no responsibility for any loss or harm incurred.
We do not warrant that functions available on this website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the server that makes it available is free ofviruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy yourparticular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
The laws of England and Wales shall govern your use of the site and you hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Except for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, this organisation, its officers, employees, contractors or content providers shall not be liable for any loss or damagearising from or otherwise in connection with your use of this website or any information, services or content on this website.